We invite nominations for the Peace Medal!
We call on our community to nominate individuals or groups who commit themselves to improving the lives of others!
YMCA Northumberland awards medals to adults and youth – individuals and groups – for their efforts to change our community through selfless action.
Without any special means or resources, these individuals create positive social change because they know in their hearts it is the right thing to do.
- YMCA Staff members are not eligible for nomination
- Professionals who are paid to do peacemaking work are not eligible for nomination
- Self-nominations will not be considered
- Please click on the red button below to complete and submit the online nomination form – OR –
- Please click on the green button below to print the Nomination Form and return it to: Kim Jaye, Cobourg YMCA, 339 Elgin Str. Cobourg, ON K9A 4X5
Peace Medal Submissions are due by 5:00pm, Fri., Oct. 20th, 2023.
This year marks 35 years of celebrating acts of PEACE in Northumberland County with the YMCA Peace Medal. We look forward to awarding recipients at the YMCA Northumberland’s Annual Peace Medal Breakfast on Thursday, November 23rd at the Best Western in Cobourg.
Peace Medal recipients should demonstrate the values of PEACE:
- Participation: Getting involved and encouraging others to get involved in community-building activities.
- Empathy: Listening and understanding diverse perspectives to create a sense of belonging for all.
- Advocacy: Making the case for positive change in the community.
- Community: Building and strengthening community connections and capacity.
- Empowerment: Inspiring others to foster peace and helping them gain the skills and tools to succeed.
Each award recipient will receive a Peace Medallion.